Welcome to Sunflower Health Plan. We thank you for being part of our network of participating physicians, hospitals and other healthcare professionals.
- Sunflower Webinar: Antipsychotic Use in Long-Stay Nursing Facility Residents, presented by Dr. Sosunmolu Shoyinka
- National Nursing Home Quality Improvement Campaign
- The American Psychiatric Association Practice Guideline on the Use of Antipsychotics to Treat Agitation or Psychosis in Patients with Dementia (2016)
- American Geriatrics Association (AGS) - A Guide To The Management of Psychotic Disorders and Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Dementia in Older Adults (PDF)
We want to ensure our providers meet the unique and diverse needs of all members and are required to collect information on whether providers have completed Cultural Competency training. We display that information in our provider directory and Find a Provider tool.
Verification of Cultural Competency Training: Please verify that you've completed Cultural Competency training. This training does not need to be a Sunflower training. It can be a training you have taken for CEUs or as part of your hiring or a recurring organization training.
Cultural Competency Training Resources
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services has educational opportunities for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in Health and Health Care. If your specialty is not listed on the CLAS page, then the training for Health Care Administrators and Providers is a good option.
Sunflower offers quarterly cultural competency training via webinar. Future training opportunities will be listed to the right, under Training Events.
- CDC’s main HPV information page
- CDC video: You Are the Key to HPV Cancer Prevention (CE may be available, please check.)
- CDC HPV promotional print material
- Kansas Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics HPV vaccine webinar
Kansas Opioid Products for Pain Management Prior Authorization
- Kansas Opioid PA Policy Training Presentation (PDF)
- Kansas Opioid PA Policy Training Webinar Recording - from May 22, 2018
- Turn the Tide Rx Prescribing Opioids for Pain (PDF)
- CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain (PDF)
- AMDG Summary of 2015 Interagency Guideline on Prescribing Opioids for Pain (PDF)
- CDC Checklist for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain (PDF)
- Opioid Risk Tool (PDF)
- CRAFFT Adolescents Tool (PDF)
- CAGE Tool
- NIDA Drug Use Screening Tool
- STOP BANG Tool
- Patient Health Questionnaire (PDF)
- Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale Tool (PDF)
Miscellaneous Prescriber Resources
- K-TRACS Kansas Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- COPE (Collaborative Opioid Prescribing Education) CME course
- Video: Adverse Incident Reporting “AIR” System Training - from KDADS
- Meningococcal Vaccine Toolkit - from Immunize Kansas Coalition (IKC)
- KMAP Provider Training Materials
- Long-Term Care Application - KMAP guides for nursing facility workers who help patients apply for long-term care coverage under Medicaid/KanCare